Sunday, August 29, 2010

Phili



Philadelphia



Aida and Lucy and their Mango Lassi's


HAHAHAHA!

My date for the day!(he wouldn't let go lol) Cute stuff


First time I've seen the word Souvlaki used in the USA






Patriotic Aida

cool building

Where the original liberty bell hung

The Bergs by the Liberty Bell

Eddie and I in Philadelphia

Another cool American Bridge
Went to Philadelphia yesterday. Had a very good Indian lunch and walked along the street looking at stores and being regular tourists. I found a souvlaki store and was so happy to find the use of the word. In the US they call them Gyros reminded me of Costas! It was a very colourful street very cool and lively. We went and did a little history tour of liberty hall and went and saw the liberty bell where National Treasure was filmed, well a part of it. Saw a little patriotism. Heading home we went via Ikea big big store full of household items and all your essentials. Very large. I brought my replacement ipod. Unfortunately they had no green they only had three ipod shuffles in the whole store and they had a grey 2gb and 2 pink 4gb so i had to settle with the pink. in one best buy they only have 3 ipod shuffles? WEIRD! Hard times people hard times. haahahaa. Went to church today and lots of YSA's and they were all very nice and friendly. They loved my acsent, they said "its beautiful". lol i never thought of it like that. But they were all very nice and it was good to be around people my own age for a bit. We are having a roast for dinner tonight. I'm so excited first time having a roast since i've been in the US. Yum yum fun and exciting times. A little bit of home.
Washington DC tomorrow so more photos will be coming people. I'm taking the train again at 7 in the morning and i won't be back in New Jersey until midnight. But wish me luck on this next Adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Alice ... we had a family photo taken in front of the Liberty Bell when we visited Philly in 1996 ... I think you were 5 and it was raining.

    ReplyDelete